cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <Giacomo.P...@pwr.ch>
Subject Re: Do C1 & C2 coexist?
Date Sat, 26 Aug 2000 19:20:50 GMT
Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> At 16:02 +0200 26/08/00, Giacomo Pati wrote:
> >On Sat, Aug 26, 2000 at 12:55:24PM +0100, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
> >> Dear All,
> >>
> >> I have been tasked with evaluating Cocoon 2 for the project I am working on.
> >>
> >> I am hoping to install Cocoon 2 into a new TomCat context alongside a
> >> Cocoon 1 installation/context.
> >
> >If you don't use XSP ar all you can put the jars into WEB-INF/lib
> >and you're done.
>
> I'll definitely need XSP :)
>
> >Otherwise you have to start two separate tomcat VMs
>
> Sorry, I don't know how to do that, could someone explain?
> They'd need different ports as well?

I don't know your setup but you will have two tomcat configurations
(server.xml). One on port 8080 (if standalone) and on on port 8081
(these port numbers are examples, you can use the ports you would like).
One with a classpath for C1 and one with C2 setup. You have to start
both tomcats in separate JVM. Have I been clear enought?

Giacomo