cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Would like to contribute
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2000 18:13:14 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
> > Well, this is the plan:
> >
> > 1) we create this "contrib" directory and place those modules there.
> > Active developers will act as proxies for placing those component little
> > distro in there.
> >
> > 2) if/when the contributions take off, people use them and they start
> > having feedback/requests/code/fixes and such to an amount the original
> > author can't stand anymore, we'll think about what to do next. At that
> > point, including in the main distribution is an option, provided that
> > enough people request for it.
>
> nope - i vote for making a xml-cocoon-contrib repository - we can be much
> freer with commit access to it than the main repository.

"strong" -1: this will have too many "political" implications since each
commit access requires a new shell account on locus and this is no good.

But in the future (hopefully soon) this will change and we will
reconsider things.

For now #1 is the only viable solution, believe me.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.