cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <...@ispsoft.de>
Subject Re: Would like to contribute
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2000 15:08:47 GMT

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> The problem is that while helpful, this doesn't create a community
> around those tools and it's likely to generate feedback/questions on the
> cocoon mail lists without us able to provide direct community support.
>
> I don't like this.

I understand that. Funny thing is, I cannot enter my sources into
the Tamino distribution because our supporters argue in the same
sense: They don't want to support Cocoon. :-)

I can only offer my email address for questions and that anyone is
welcome to say "if you have problems with that stuff we don't like,
contact Jochen Wiedmann and not us". If I get 5 or 10 mails per
month, that wouldn't make much, compared to that 5 or 10 I get per
day for my Perl modules.

> Well, this is the plan:
>
> 1) we create this "contrib" directory and place those modules there.
> Active developers will act as proxies for placing those component little
> distro in there.
>
> 2) if/when the contributions take off, people use them and they start
> having feedback/requests/code/fixes and such to an amount the original
> author can't stand anymore, we'll think about what to do next. At that
> point, including in the main distribution is an option, provided that
> enough people request for it.
>
> Now up to you to judge/patch my action plan.

I'll be happy with that.

Thanks,

Jochen