cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ricardo Rocha <rica...@apache.org>
Subject Re: stylesheet switching on browser version
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2000 20:26:05 GMT
Robin Green wrote:

> Hold on! Another unwarranted assumption - how do you know that the
> XSPProcessor will receive its input directly from a Producer? Perhaps a
> different Processor would be called first (for reasons of modularisation,
> reusability, etc.)

XSP is meant to be the first processor in the pipeline, what in Cocoon2
jargon is called a Generator. Also, its input is supposed to be a file.

Some have played with the notion of applying some transformation(s)
prior to XSP processing. In my opinion (and, of course, I may be wrong)
most (if not all) of such in-advance transformations can also be
achieved
by judiciously using taglibs.

> My feeling is, it's better to invest our efforts into Cocoon2 rather than
> continuing to back-port things from C2 to C1 as stopgap solutions. But
> that's JMHO. (just my humble opinion).

What has been back-ported from C2? Just curious...