cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From burtonator <bur...@relativity.yi.org>
Subject Re: L&G, please, welcome "Apache Cocoon"!!
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2000 20:24:51 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> I've been addressed by "Jeff Kotula" <jkotula@stratasys.com> which has
> been distributing a software project called (guess what!) "Cocoon" since
> 1995 at the URL
>
>  http://www.stratasys.com/software/cocoon
>
> The software is freeware even if the source code is not provided and is
> a javadoc-clone for C++
>
> Jeff wrote me because he's concerned about the fact that both Cocoon
> projects have somewhat similar purposes (he refers to the XML doclet
> that we have included).
>
> So I proposed him:
>
> 1) we move the XML doclet to another project (Kevin, would you accept it
> for Alexandria?)

Of course!  We would love to accept it.  :)

> 2) we enforce calling the project "Apache Cocoon" whenever possible.

+1

> 3) we link the other Cocoon project in our home page indicating the
> differences between the two projects.

+1... as long as he links from his Cocoon page to ours.

--
** Should SUN Open Source Java? Please Vote:
http://relativity.yi.org/java **

Kevin A Burton (e-mail: burton@apache.org, UIN: 73488596, ZKey:
burtonator)
http://relativity.yi.org
Message to SUN Microsystems:  "Please Open Source Java!"
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme
excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu, 300 B.C.