cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier P. Fumagalli" <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Shutdown of an producer
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2000 04:43:06 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Giacomo Pati wrote:
> > Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> > > Hmmm, this might cause lots of GC problems down the road... hmmmm, we
> > > should make them at least recycleable (Avalon now includes my recycle
> > > classes as well).
> >
> > I haven't looked at it at all but might help reducing GC (BTW: the first
> > C2 implementation had exactly the save behavior)
>
> Yes, I know. Pier and I talked breafly about this and decided to fine
> tune only after development completion of the first phase... now that we
> are in the second phase (thus the new version 2.0a2), the argument still
> holds: let's get things done first and optimize later (but let's keep in
> mind where the hotspots might reside)

There should be hooks where objects can be recycled in the C2 code (as I
left it months ago)... But I never wrote anything to actually recycle
those objects.
I agree w/ Stefano, leave hooks for optimization (such as pools and
recyclable objects) but it might be better to have something working
before writing the actual "optimized" code.

	Pier