cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Shutdown of an producer
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2000 19:45:25 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> > Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> > > Oh, you can't in Cocoon1 but I totally agree we -have- to have something
> > > like this for Cocoon2...
> > >
> > > Giacomo, is this the case today?
> >
> > No.
>
> Sorry, I hit the send button too quick :)
>
> What does 'when cocoon will shutdown' mean? I don't get this? The
> servlet part of C2 will be called at the destroy method. Isn't that
> enough 'beeing informed'?

I would like to be able to have both init() and destroy() method
implemented, at least, in generators so that we can have resources
started and stopped along with the servlet life cycles to ensure greater
possible usability compared to pure servlets.

In practice, this means that every generator that is created by the
sitemap should be destroyed when the servlet is destroyed.

These init/destroy cycles might be needed for also the other pipeline
components... what do you say?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.