cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Change of the Environment abstraction
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2000 17:58:40 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> >
> > Giacomo Pati wrote:
> > >
> > > I propose that the Serializer and Reader Interface extend the following
> > > Interface (as a replacement for the SitemapComponent Interface):
> > >
> > >   package org.apache.cocoon.sitemap;
> > >   public interface SitemapOutputComponent extends Component {
> > >     public void setOutputStream(OutputStream out) throws IOException;
> > >   }
> >
> > -1
> >
> > I still believe that a both need a way to describe their mime-type.
> >
> >    package org.apache.cocoon.sitemap;
> >    public interface SitemapOutputComponent extends Component {
> >      public void setOutputStream(OutputStream out) throws IOException;
> >      public String getMimeType();
> >    }
>
> I had a week to reflect most of the Interfaces in C2 (especialy
> concerning thread savety issues).
>
> Opposed to my first suggestion I feel you are all right with this. A
> Serializer/Reader may have a way to describe its mime-type.

Cool.

> What do you think about this:
>
>    If getMimeType() returns null the mime-type specified in the sitemap
> will be taken.

+1

> [Where can a mime-type attribute be specified in the sitemap? On a
> <map:serializer> and a <map:serialize> as well as a <parameter> to
> <map:serialize>?]

I would force it to be a serializer attribute (thus the name).

 <map:serializer content-type="text/html" .../>

A <parameter> would suggest you can have more than one (which doesn't
make any sense) and that it's a parameter to the specific serializer
implementation, not a general serialization feature (which is).

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.