cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <>
Subject Re: Would like to contribute
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2000 20:51:28 GMT
Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to contribute some code that I have developed and
> that allows to use a Tamino database engine with Cocoon. Tamino
> is an XML database developed by my employee, the Software AG.
>   - A Tamino producer; in other words a producer reading from
>     the database
>   - A Tamino processor in the style of the SQL processor, that
>     allows to execute read and/or write requests like this:
>         <!-- Set the Tamino -->
>         <inop:init url="http://localhost/tamino/test/mycoll">
>         <!-- Insert some documents -->
>         <inop:process>
>                 <doc1>...</doc1>
>                 <doc2>...</doc2>
>         </inop:process>
>         <!-- Read something from the database -->
>         <inop:xql>
>                 doc1[name="something" and date > ´2000-05-19´]
>         </inop:xql>
>   - A Tamino tag library for XSP in the same style, but using
>     the prefix "inotl" rather than "inop".
> The above stuff does not depend any external libraries other than
> Cocoon and Xerces. (I am using org.apache.xml.* for serialization.)
> Would that be accepted? If so, what is the preferred method of
> contributing my code. I am used to working with CVS, so I could
> insert into the repository directly. I could also send patches.

In the past, we had the policy not to introduce in the main distribution
code that depends on commercial packages.

What do you guys think?

I would love to be able to provide hosting space for "commercial
connectors" in the official site, but integrating them into the distro
could be dangerous.

Anyway, I'm very interested in the contribution since people might find
it useful.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.