cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <Giacomo.P...@pwr.ch>
Subject Re: Change of the Environment abstraction
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2000 16:17:15 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Giacomo Pati wrote:
> >
> > I propose that the Serializer and Reader Interface extend the following
> > Interface (as a replacement for the SitemapComponent Interface):
> >
> >   package org.apache.cocoon.sitemap;
> >   public interface SitemapOutputComponent extends Component {
> >     public void setOutputStream(OutputStream out) throws IOException;
> >   }
>
> -1
>
> I still believe that a both need a way to describe their mime-type.
>
>    package org.apache.cocoon.sitemap;
>    public interface SitemapOutputComponent extends Component {
>      public void setOutputStream(OutputStream out) throws IOException;
>      public String getMimeType();
>    }

I had a week to reflect most of the Interfaces in C2 (especialy
concerning thread savety issues).

Opposed to my first suggestion I feel you are all right with this. A
Serializer/Reader may have a way to describe its mime-type.

What do you think about this:

   If getMimeType() returns null the mime-type specified in the sitemap
will be taken.

[Where can a mime-type attribute be specified in the sitemap? On a
<map:serializer> and a <map:serialize> as well as a <parameter> to
<map:serialize>?]

Giacomo