cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xml doclet?
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2000 14:38:28 GMT
"Nick Wesselman, @home" wrote:

> I'm a moderately experienced Java developer who's interested in the xml
> doclet that's part of the Cocoon project. It would be very helpful for a
> personal project of mine, so I'd like to offer my help on it.

Great, welcome aboard.

> What is the current status of the doclet?

Idle, nobody has been working on it since it was donated. The original
author left the project due to lack of time.

> Has anything been done for it since the revision posted in March (1.1)?

Not that I know about.

> It seems that the mini-project
> could use the following work, based on the source & what discussions on it I
> could dig up:
>
> --implementation of XML namespaces for HTML and other tags within the
> documentation

correct

> --addition of command-line options to specify this namespace and other
> details, such as the output target

yes

> --support for packages within packages?

Uh, didn't know this one but I didn't dive into it that deeply.

> --support for new 1.3 @docRoot?

good

> Maybe some of this has already been done and I'm not aware? Archived
> messages from October discussed the use of namespaces, yet from what I can
> tell they don't seem to be fully implemented yet.

No, I was going to write a stylesheet for the generated doclet DTD to
output the javadocs in a way that looks seemless with our xml.apache.org
stylesheets but never found the time to do it.

Having all documentation (including javadocs) with a common look and
feel would be killer.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.