cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Sahuc <ssa...@imediation.com>
Subject Strange XSP namespace behavior.
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2000 14:30:44 GMT
I confirm a previous post stating a strange behavior in XSP namespace.

Below are my observation I've done so far :

The file 'org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/xsp/java/xsp.xsl'
in the current CVS has a different namespace value that defined in
cocoon.xconf. Indeed the value is "http://xml.apache.org/xsp" whereas it
should have been 'http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/xsp"

So when I change the former value to the latter, the ProcessingException
(which is wraping a NullPointerException ) disappears and the simple.xsp
SEEMS to be working.

I say seems, because in the generated HTML source, there is still trace
of incoherence, as Giacomo stated in a post. Indeed the following tags
have not being dynamically processed and appears in the HTML as is :
<xsp-request:get-parameter-values></xsp-request:get-parameter-values>
<xsp-request:get-parameter-names></xsp-request:get-parameter-names>

SO, I changed the namespace values in several files, and I made the
cocoon working fine !!!

Here are the change I've done.

In the files simple.xsp, request.xsl, and response.xsl replace
  'xmlns:xsp-request="http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/xsp/request"'
with
  'xmlns:xsp-request="http://xml.apache.org/xsp/request"'
and
  xmlns:xsp-response="http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/xsp/response"
with
  xmlns:xsp-response="http://xml.apache.org/xsp/response"

And in cocoon.xconf, replace
  <parameter name="uri"
value="http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/xsp/request"/>
with
  <parameter name="uri" value="http://xml.apache.org/xsp/request"/>
and
  <parameter name="uri"
value="http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/xsp/response"/>
with
  <parameter name="uri" value="http://xml.apache.org/xsp/response"/>

Strange... definitely strange.

Has anyone an idea of what is going on ?

All the best,

Sebastien