cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ovidiu Predescu <ovi...@cup.hp.com>
Subject Re: Would like to contribute
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2000 15:48:06 GMT
On Wed, 30 Aug 2000 00:11:25 +1100 (EST), donaldp@mad.scientist.com wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Aug 2000, Ovidiu Predescu wrote:
> > I'd like to contribute an E-speak (http://www.e-speak.net/) processor to the
> > Apache project. Do you have any ideas on when this contrib area could be setup?
> >
> > Also I would like to know what are the requirements with respect to the
> > source's copyright. Do I need to have them assigned to ASF or can I or HP keep
> > the copyright? I would prefer the later since going through the attorneys in HP
> > is a long, complicated process. Having tried this in the past with GCC I can
> > say is not a fun process ;-). Anyway please let me know what are your thoughts
> > on this.
>
> I was under the impresion e-speak was under GPL/LGPL ? If it
> is then I doubt it will ever be hosted by Apache because of
> licensing restrictions. If not - can you explain the
> licensing model it is under ?

Oops, maybe my message was not clear. I'm not talking about hosting e-speak
itself under Apache, but the e-speak Cocoon processor, which is an XSP tag
library.

My question is whether is acceptable for Cocoon to include sources under the
Apache License in the Cocoon distribution, which are not copyrighted by the
Apache Software Foundation. If this is not acceptable, I will have to work with
attorneys inside HP to get them assign the copyright for the e-speak Cocoon
processor to ASF. Although this is a long and involved process, I can do it.

Regards,
Ovidiu

--
Ovidiu Predescu <ovidiu@cup.hp.com>