cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <pati_giac...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [C2] Xalan problem in multi threaded environment
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2000 10:23:26 GMT

--- Sebastien Sahuc <ssahuc@imediation.com> wrote:
> I know cocoon 2 is not yet a production environment, but I came into
> threading problem with Xalan. Indeed I have a 3-framed page which is
> generated from applying the same XSL sheet at almost the same time,
> and
> while the 1 page shows up well, the surrounding ones show Xalan
> exception
> complaining that the 'root Node cannot exists twice'

I can't reproduce your error. I've tested using a 3-frame page with all
frames accessing the same cocoon resource (and so using the same
stylesheet) under different URLs but it runs like a charm. I've tried
different browsers and have accessed the page from different machine.
Looks good for me :)

> As I fell more confortable with the XT processor, I wrote a XT
> transformer that works fine in multi threaded environment. If anyone
> is
> interested I'll be glad to send it over.

If Stefano isn't agains this :) I say we can put it into the C2 CVS.
What do others think about this?

> All the best,
>
> Sebastien
>
> PS: There were threads discuting about integrating third party
> product or
> extension. Does the XT transformer fall into this category ? Indeed
> it
> would be nice to reproduce the Ant's optional package system : it
> checks
> if some classes (for exemple junit classes) are available in the
> classpath, and if so it compiles the related optional classes (Junit
> tasks).

The C2 build.xml already does so (see PhpGenerator)

Giacomo

=====