cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <pati_giac...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Do C1 & C2 coexist?
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2000 10:33:35 GMT

--- Jeremy Quinn <jeremy@media.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> At 00:49 -0700 28/08/00, Giacomo Pati wrote:
> >--- Jeremy Quinn <jeremy@media.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> >> At 21:20 +0200 26/08/00, Giacomo Pati wrote:
>
> >I hope to see you fp working on C2 soon :)
> >
> >Giacomo
>
> FP for C2 is definitely on the cards.

Cool.

> I am just completing an update for C1 at the moment.
> I am starting to investigate what it would take to port FP to C2, SAX
> looks
> very strange, at least I have some examples.

I personally think SAX is way easier that DOM! The only problem is you
have to think the other way around :)

> But do you actually want FP ported to C2?

Why not?

> Maybe FP has not been around long enough for everyone to realise how
> they
> "really" want to handle this stuff .....

Maybe. I hadn't the time to look at it but followed all the mails on
the lists.

> Another thing I could spend some time on, cleaning up the samples and
> make
> some new ones.
>

> BTW. Do PIs still work in C2?

PIs? You mean the special cocoon PIs? I don't think so. What C1 does
with PIs is dont in the C2 sitemap now.

> Is this how you produce dynamic pipelines at runtime like C1 or is
> this
> different?

Definitely different. It's all done in the sitemap. Have a look at it.

Giacomo

=====