cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ovidiu Predescu <ovi...@cup.hp.com>
Subject Re: Would like to contribute
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2000 07:13:50 GMT
On Fri, 25 Aug 2000 20:13:14 +0200, Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org>
wrote:

> Donald Ball wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> >
> > > Well, this is the plan:
> > >
> > > 1) we create this "contrib" directory and place those modules there.
> > > Active developers will act as proxies for placing those component little
> > > distro in there.
> > >
> > > 2) if/when the contributions take off, people use them and they start
> > > having feedback/requests/code/fixes and such to an amount the original
> > > author can't stand anymore, we'll think about what to do next. At that
> > > point, including in the main distribution is an option, provided that
> > > enough people request for it.
> >
> > nope - i vote for making a xml-cocoon-contrib repository - we can be much
> > freer with commit access to it than the main repository.
>
> "strong" -1: this will have too many "political" implications since each
> commit access requires a new shell account on locus and this is no good.
>
> But in the future (hopefully soon) this will change and we will
> reconsider things.
>
> For now #1 is the only viable solution, believe me.

I'd like to contribute an E-speak (http://www.e-speak.net/) processor to the
Apache project. Do you have any ideas on when this contrib area could be setup?

Also I would like to know what are the requirements with respect to the
source's copyright. Do I need to have them assigned to ASF or can I or HP keep
the copyright? I would prefer the later since going through the attorneys in HP
is a long, complicated process. Having tried this in the past with GCC I can
say is not a fun process ;-). Anyway please let me know what are your thoughts
on this.

Regards,
Ovidiu

--