cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <pati_giac...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: AW: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/xml/xlink XLinkConsumer.java XLinkHandler.java
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2000 08:24:52 GMT

--- Matthew Langham <mlangham@sundn.de> wrote:

> > This is for (the historic) parameters to sitemap components in a
> sitemap
> > pipeline. If we deprecate this we can eliminate it also from the
> > SitemapModelComponent's setup method. That method still supports a
> > argument of Parameters.
> >
> > What do you think? Should we change the interface? Did we say there
> > wouldn't be any Parameters anymore in the pipeline (probably I must
> have
> > missed that).
>
> No parameters at all in the sitemap pipelines?  Hmmm... convince me.
> <<
>
> It seems as though this has already been "fixed".

Yes, Stefano had "fixed" this (by commenting out the xslt template
which supports parameters in sitemap.xsl) and that was the reason for
me to start this thread.

> The current CVS
> version
> does not pass parameters any more :-(. Is this intended? We use this
> feature
> to allow a more specific configuration of a components default
> configuration
> in the pipeline and now our concept is broken.

I've meant its purpose was to reduce the amount of different components
of the same class because they can only have one configuration.
Parameters would enable a component to have additional configuration
data depending on request context. Right?

Giacomo

=====