cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <>
Subject Re: [C2] seting up serializers?
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2000 08:14:39 GMT

--- Ross Burton <> wrote:
> Hi,
> Was there a reason why the setup() method was removed from
> serializers?  My
> SVG serializer (which I can commit in a day or so) needs to be passed
> pipeline-specific parameters (the image encoder to use) - this worked
> in the
> old alphas but not the current ones.

Yes, the setup method has been removed from serializers. There was a
thread about that with the conclusion, that serializers don't have to
know about the calling environment. Serializers for now only get the
configuration data specified in the <map:components> section of the

> It appears that the pipeline is passed the parameter object but does
> not
> call setup() or something.  My serializer has no idea what encoders
> to use!

Is the encoder information some configuration data for the Serializer
specified in the components section of the sitemap?

Hintereichenstrasse 7
CH-8166 Niederweningen                    Web:

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail  Free email you can access from anywhere!

View raw message