cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From roman seidl <...@pvl.at>
Subject Re[4]: cocoon and visual age
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2000 11:37:02 GMT
Hello Sean,

Thursday, August 24, 2000, 8:20:05 AM, you wrote:

TS> I remember having this problem, but the solution is a bit fuzzy.  I believe
TS> I created a W3C project, imported the w3c jar from FOP, and then imported
TS> any remaining w3c classes (that weren't included in the other import) from
TS> Xerces.  However, it's possible (and maybe more likely) that I may have
TS> imported everything from Xerces first, and then imported the necessary
TS> leftovers from the w3c.jar in FOP.  I don't know if there is a complete DOM
TS> interface or not...just dink with it according to the two suggestions I
TS> mentioned, and it'll start working eventually.

I now first imported the two jars into a project and then also imported the
xeces org.w3c and org.xml classes.

then i imported the rest of xerces into a new project - now i get the
following 6 errors in xerces:

xerces  6 Errors, 21 Warnings
        org.apache.html.dom  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
                HTMLBuilder  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
                        void startElement(java.lang.String, org.xml.sax.AttributeList)  0
Errors, 1 Warnings
                                The type named AttributeList is deprecated
        org.apache.xerces.framework  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
                XMLAttrList  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
                        org.xml.sax.AttributeList getAttributeList(int)  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
                                The type named AttributeList is deprecated
        org.apache.xerces.jaxp  4 Errors, 9 Warnings
                DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl  1 Errors, 3 Warnings
                        Import specifies a type that is not visible: javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory
                        Import specifies a type that is not visible: javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder
                        Superclass DocumentBuilderFactory is missing
                        Import specifies a type that is not visible: javax.xml.parsers.ParserConfigurationException
                DocumentBuilderImpl  1 Errors, 2 Warnings
                        Superclass DocumentBuilder is missing
                        Import specifies a type that is not visible: javax.xml.parsers.ParserConfigurationException
                        Import specifies a type that is not visible: javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder
                SAXParserFactoryImpl  1 Errors, 3 Warnings
                        Import specifies a type that is not visible: javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory
                        Import specifies a type that is not visible: javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser
                        Superclass SAXParserFactory is missing
                        Import specifies a type that is not visible: javax.xml.parsers.ParserConfigurationException
                SAXParserImpl  1 Errors, 1 Warnings
                        Superclass javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser is missing
                        Import specifies a type that is not visible: javax.xml.parsers.ParserConfigurationException
        org.apache.xerces.parsers  2 Errors, 3 Warnings
                RevalidatingDOMParser  2 Errors, 1 Warnings
                        Import specifies a type that is not visible: org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLValidator

                        org.w3c.dom.Node validate(org.w3c.dom.Node)  1 Errors, 0 Warnings
                                The method recursiveValidate invoked for type org.apache.xerces.parsers.RevalidatingDOMParser
with arguments (org.w3c.dom.Node, org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator, org.apache.xerces.utils.StringPool)
is not defined
                        Node recursiveValidate(Node, XMLValidator, StringPool)  1 Errors,
0 Warnings
                                Method parameter type XMLValidator is missing
                SAXParser  0 Errors, 2 Warnings
                        void setDocumentHandler(org.xml.sax.DocumentHandler)  0 Errors, 1
Warnings
                                The type named DocumentHandler is deprecated
                        void startElement(org.apache.xerces.utils.QName, org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLAttrList,
int)  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
                                The type named AttributeList is deprecated
        org.apache.xerces.readers  0 Errors, 2 Warnings
                XCatalog  0 Errors, 2 Warnings
                        The type named DocumentHandler is deprecated
                        The type named AttributeList is deprecated
        org.apache.xml.serialize  0 Errors, 5 Warnings
                BaseMarkupSerializer  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
                        org.xml.sax.DocumentHandler asDocumentHandler()  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
                                The type named DocumentHandler is deprecated
                HTMLSerializer  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
                        void startElement(java.lang.String, org.xml.sax.AttributeList)  0
Errors, 1 Warnings
                                The type named AttributeList is deprecated
                Serializer  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
                        org.xml.sax.DocumentHandler asDocumentHandler()  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
                                The type named DocumentHandler is deprecated
                TextSerializer  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
                        void startElement(java.lang.String, org.xml.sax.AttributeList)  0
Errors, 1 Warnings
                                The type named AttributeList is deprecated
                XMLSerializer  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
                        void startElement(java.lang.String, org.xml.sax.AttributeList)  0
Errors, 1 Warnings
                                The type named AttributeList is deprecated

in the "xml interfaces" project (the xml and w3c jar from fop plus the org.xml and org.w3c
branch from xerces
there is no errors.

is jaxp some add on interface that need some additional components installed?

mfg
roman
Roman Seidl                                   Design & Development
Public Voice Lab                       Operngasse 24, A-1040 Vienna
Tel.: +43-1-585 22 80/23                   Fax:  +43-1-585 22 80/99
e-mail: rse@pvl.at                                  web: www.pvl.at