cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@supereva.it>
Subject Re: Unexplicit error message when components are missing.
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2000 10:56:10 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sebastien Sahuc" <ssahuc@imediation.com>
To: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2000 12:04 PM
Subject: Unexplicit error message when components are missing.

[snip]
>If you remove any component such as request.xsl or response.xsl from the
>classpath, the error message is not explicit enough to guide you. Indeed
>it only says that a Component is not found, with a null method argument.
>I know that the project is not in production state, but I though it might
>be useful to improve error report, especially at starting time where
>errors can be harmful.
[snip]

I have finished the new error reporting which is waiting to be committed.
for everyone:
When it will be there, please do test it and report ANY error message
which is not clear enough, telling why and suggestions.
Until then... you'll have to wait. :)
Thank you.

nicola_ken

Nicola Ken Barozzi - AISA Industries S.p.A
http://www.aisaindustries.it/
Via Leonardo da Vinci,2 Ticengo (CR) Italy
Personal homepage at Java Guru:
http://www.jguru.com/jguru/guru/viewchannel.jsp?EID=39153
Personal FAQ at Java Guru:
http://www.jguru.com/jguru/guru/viewfaqs.jsp?EID=39153
Research Activity:
Politecnico di Milano - Dipartimento di Meccanica
Piazza Leonardo da Vinci, n.32 - 20133 Milano (Italy)