cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@supereva.it>
Subject Re: Cocoon Icons and Graphics
Date Sat, 12 Aug 2000 19:22:51 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefano Mazzocchi" <stefano@apache.org>
To: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 05, 2000 9:24 PM
Subject: Re: Cocoon Icons and Graphics

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> >
> > Some icons and graphics for C2.
> > MrCocoon2 is anothew "view" for cocoon. ;-)
> > What do you think of them?
>
> I love the idea of a "Mr. Cocoon"... in my dreams, I see such a
> character as a "mascotte", much like Java's "Duke" (which I deeply
> consider a piece of art for simplicity and effectiveness).

I agree.

> I like your "ascii" view of it, but it's kinda static.... I would love
> to see it surfing or jumping or jiggling or swinging... in that sense
> even Linux's Pinguin is cool but static.

I just found it fun that the cocoon logo could me rearranged in
that way and I wanted to share the... "view" :-) , but
I'm no graphic.

> But this is my personal vision and I could as one so let's have a "Mr.
> Cocoon contest": we'll place the submissions and have a graphic contest
> for logos and names (even "Mr. Cocoon" can be changed).
>
> I have some artistic-type friends... I'll ping them for this... hope you
> guys do the same with your friends or the graphic people in your
> companies :) Please help the cause in any way you can.

And Cocoon 2 "style", with icons, fonts, css, stylesheets, etc?

nicola_ken

Nicola Ken Barozzi - AISA Industries S.p.A
http://www.aisaindustries.it/
Via Leonardo da Vinci,2 Ticengo (CR) Italy
Personal homepage at Java Guru:
http://www.jguru.com/jguru/guru/viewchannel.jsp?EID=39153
Personal FAQ at Java Guru:
http://www.jguru.com/jguru/guru/viewfaqs.jsp?EID=39153
Research Activity:
Politecnico di Milano - Dipartimento di Meccanica
Piazza Leonardo da Vinci, n.32 - 20133 Milano (Italy)