cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ross Burton" <ross.bur...@mail.com>
Subject Re: [seriously] Going on vacation
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2000 07:06:48 GMT
> > 1) complete the voting procedure for Ross and Jeremy and ask Brian to
> > create the new accounts with sufficient karma to access xml-cocoon
>
> we got three votes for these guys, yes? if so, i'll try to start the
> machinery.

Thanks.

> > 2) do the Cocoon 1.8 release (I think we are pretty much in shape....
> > maybe some better docs on FP and connection pooling wouldn't hurt)
>
> anyone have any outstanding issues here? is there a committer with windows
> who's willing to regenerate the site? (looks funny when i do it on linux)

I've found that Stylebook under Sun's JDK 1.2 for Linux looked terrible, but
with IBMs JDK 1.3 for Linux the fonts seemed as good as than the Windows
equivalent, possibly better.  It seems that Sun/Blackdown screwed up the
font selection code (I could also only use about 70% of my installed fonts
in Java) whereas IBM got it right.

Ross