cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Bug Database
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2000 09:20:05 GMT
At 15:55 -0400 12/07/00, Donald Ball wrote:
>On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>> I can't access the Bug Database because of a 403 Forbidden error.
>>
>> Is there some way I can access it?  I was going to enter the
>> security bug I found (and mentioned on this list), but I can't
>> access the page.
>
>nope - brian killed bugzilla because it led to a root compromise of the
>system - and it was a nasty huge ugly mess of spaghetti perl code
>anyway. i think we'd love to hear suggestions for a new better bug
>tracking system.

Once the FP TagLib has stabilised a bit, I was planning to see if this is
something I can realistically do as a file-based site.

I offered a while ago to work on "Bugoon"; at the time, it was expected the
project would be done using SQL, which may still be a more appropriate way
of doing this.

I guess I am a sucker for punishment ... but I am interested to see if I
can make a simple search engine using XPath .....

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre