cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Forms proposal
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2000 09:17:05 GMT
At 12:49 +0200 04/07/00, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>> Then to me, it looks like that Cocoon executes the response page
>>creation, and
>> that the Generator for such is the 'processor' of the Form.
>> Then you would add a new type of ServletRequest class, which overrides the
>> doPost(). It would require its own kind of mapping to validation and
>>processing
>> classes, but quite straight forward.
>
>I believe Nicola was proposing to create a sort of infrastructure for
>"web round-trips":
>
>   server -> client -> server
>
>to simplify what is already possible.
>
>But I agree with Niclas that this may just be a layer on top of Cocoon.
>
>If this doesn't require any architectural changes, then I'd like to
>postpone this discussion when we have implemented the sitemap and enough
>components to test the design.

The XFPTagLib, I'm writing for C1, manipulates external documents according
to the contents of a Form and the structure of the XML via XPath, using
some DOM Objects, then wacks out XML results to XSL.

Will such TagLibs work in C2?

Or will they all have to be re-coded for SAX?

Thanks for any help

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre