cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject TagLib Questions
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2000 08:54:25 GMT
Dea All,

If I could just drag your minds away from C2 for a moment .....

I am writing a TagLib, to donate to the Cocoon Project (as seen on
Cocoon-Users).

It is tentatively called XFP (eXtensible Form Processor).

I currently use this NameSpace:

	xmlns:xfp="http://www.hrc.wmin.ac.uk/2000/XSP/XFP"

Should I change this to an Apache NameSpace, if so, what?
I would rather not have to change this _after_ release ......

My packages are currently:

	uk.ac.wmin.hrc.jermq.xsp.xfp.XFPLibrary
	uk.ac.wmin.hrc.jermq.xsp.xfp.XFPResource
	uk.ac.wmin.hrc.jermq.xsp.xfp.XFPError

Should I change these to Apache , if so, what?

I have a problem with Xerces that stops me implementing XSchemas for field
validation. The idea is that you put a reference to a Schema in your source
file,
XFPTagLib would use a RevalidatingDOMParser to parse resources, allowing
them to be revalidated once modified. To implement this I need
Xerces_1_1_2, which does not currently appear to work with C1.7.5-dev.

Has anyone any clues on getting the new Xerces running on C1?

During the course of it's execution, XFPTagLib creates it's own DOMParsers,
OutputFormat and SerializerFactory.

I'd like to get these Objects in the most efficient way, hopefully preset
according to Cocoon.properties for the types of XML I am dealing with.

How can the library classes of a TagLib do this?

Thanks for any help.

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre