cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: [C2] Package names
Date Sun, 09 Jul 2000 10:31:31 GMT
At 12:15 +0200 06/07/00, Mark Washeim wrote:
>>> verb   = match
>>> action = matching
>>> actor  = matcher
>>>
>>> Is this wrong? Gosh, I wish I knew more english...
>>
>> This is correct :)
>

>Ah, Jeremy, since when is a 'matcher' a word in the English language?

Since about 1657 :)

No, I'm joking ....

Matcher (noun), someone or something that makes a match between ......
A more common word for this meaning would be match-maker

>Sorry to be so bitchy about this . . .

No worries, I love the inconsistencies, flexibility and mutability of my
mother tongue :)

I have these in my Chambers TwenCen Dictionary :

Match, matchable, matched, matcher, matching, matchless, matchlessly etc etc.

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre