cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Forms proposal
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2000 10:11:29 GMT
At 09:44 +0200 06/07/00, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>Hi Jeremy.
>I've seen your mails on the users list.
>I hoped that your taglib would do for me what I needed but unfortunately it
>isn't the case. :-(

I am sorry about that.
Yes, when I saw your proposal, I thought, Hmm, that is better thought out,
but not within my reach yet.

It is meant to be a C1 solution, I would be very happy to begin work on the
ideas that will lead to your suggestion for C2, as it seems a total
re-write will be required for C2 anyway.

Meanwhile, if there are little changes I can make to the current version to
make it more useful to you, please let me know. But, I do want to release
something soon that will solve a needs of C1 users.....

>Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seams that your system unites all my
>scheme on forms in one taglib, definind also (5).

I think you are correct here.

>To make the forms system more versatile, I think that it (the system)
>should be more modular. That's why I made the proposal.

I agree.
I spent a long time trying to get advice on how different TagLibs interact,
so I could build a more modular system. But it just did not lead anywhere.
What the hell I thought, I'll make it work with Files, I can manage that :)

Your modularity appears to be couched largely in terms of C2, something I
do not fully understand.

>Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying what you did is not ok, it just
>has a different goal. For that it's very good. :-)

Cool :)

>But I think that it could be used in the forms system I am writing (on C1 now)
>in stage (5). In that stage I will use the SQL Processor, and yours
>could become a sort of XML processor for manipulating XML files.
>This is just an idea for the future.
>When what I'm writing becomes usable, we'll see what/(if it) can be done.
>Thank you.

Good

>Btw, I'm very curious too about C1-C2 migration.

Me too.

>What recoding needs to be done?
>Will there be a wrapper for Dom processing (legacy) in C2? Seems
>possible to me, DOM is usually based on SAX.

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre