cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: FP is great!!!
Date Sat, 22 Jul 2000 11:44:12 GMT
At 22:08 +0200 21/07/00, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>I finally had the time to look into Jeremy's FP stuff and, man, it's
>great! I love it.

Wow! Thanks for the compliment!
I am really glad you got the time to try it out.

>Maybe not the final answer to the problem

Agreed!

> (we have a way to go on XML
>web apps), but for sure something that Cocoon cannot affort not to have
>included into the main distribution.

Excellent!

>So, this requires two actions:
>
>1) include FP inside Cocoon (which I already did :-) Jeremy, hope you
>don't mind, but it's so great I couldn't wait an answer from you

That's cool.

OK, I can see how you have included it, thanks for re-jigging the project
to fit and making those fixes.

I would like to get some decisions on the following:

Should the functionality of the FP TagLib stay where it is, or would it be
better to integrate it into something like the UTIL TagLib?

The reason I ask this is that I think of FP as a general purpose TagLib,
not just tied to Forms Processing.

At this rate people are going to have a list of 20 or so XMLNS at the
beginning of their XSP pages, would it be better to keep them separated or
to integrate them?

Also some advice on better handling errors, I don't think I have done this
very well.

I have a long list of things I want to improve or add,
I'll start a new thread ...

Plus, I am beginning to find some bugs (shock horror :)

>2) propose Jeremy for commit access since I would like him to continue
>maintaining that taglib.
>
>What do you say?

Would "Yeeee Haaaa!" be appropriate under the circumstances :)

You will have to tell me what happens next, plus I have never had commit
access to a project like this before, and probably do not know how to do it
properly :)

>Oh, Jeremy, BTW, it would be -very- nice if you could provide a little
>FP-howto using the Cocoon Document DTD.... otherwise you'll have to
>answer a million answers from potential FP users, I think it's in your
>own interest to avoid that ;-)

Will do.

Thank you

Jeremy