cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Forms proposal
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2000 19:00:18 GMT
At 04:24 -0700 06/07/00, Giacomo Pati wrote:
>--- Jeremy Quinn <jeremy@media.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>> >If you use XSP internal stuff like
>> >
>> >   xspParentNode = xspCurrentNode;
>> >   xspNodeStack.push(xspParentNode);
>> >   xspCurrentNode = document.createElement("tr");
>> >   xspParentNode.appendChild(xspCurrentNode);
>> >
>> >then I think yes it must be recoded.
>>
>> Oh dear! :)
>> Jeez, it's taken me long enough to get my head around doing this in DOM :)
>
>I don't know if you must use DOM. With SAX I feel it's like doing
>
>    this.contentHandler.startElement("", "title", "title", xspAttr);
>    xspAttr.clear();
>    this.characters("A Simple XSP Page");
>    this.contentHandler.endElement("", "title", "title");
>
>Giacomo

So this is for writing to the output stream .... I was suddenly worried
about the reading and writing of external files that this TagLib does.

I assume classes used by a Taglib would still be able to use DOM in C2 to
manipulate XML if necessary and get XPath access etc.

Thanks

Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre