cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sonney <ke...@webslingerz.com>
Subject Re: idea for documenting xsp logicsheets
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 13:02:19 GMT
On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Donald Ball wrote:
> assuming we could configure the xsp processor to ignore the xspdoc
> elements (either by stripping them when doing the XSLT transform or adding
> "strip xspdoc elements" rules to the xsp to java stylesheet), all we'd
> need to generate concise docs is a simple stylesheet like this:

Why strip them? I would rather somrthing like :

<xspdoc:desc>Here's the JDBC Driver</xspdoc:desc>

be placed in the java code as a *REAL* comment :

/* Here's the JDBC Driver */

This would make it a little more debug freindly when I'm gutting the
auto-generated java files tracking down an error.

> obviously we could elaborate a bit on the elements and attributes of the
> xspdoc namespace, but that's the gist. any thoughts from other logicsheet
> authors? worthwhile to pursue?

+1 from this end. I'd also make things a bit more client freindly, when I
hand projects off to their final maintainers.

--
- Kevin Sonney
  kevin@webslingerZ.com