cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: concurrent document requests
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2000 18:39:39 GMT
On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Conny Krappatsch wrote:

> Donald Ball wrote:
> > On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Conny Krappatsch wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I have the following problem with Cocoon 1 (actuelly I suppose Xalan causes
it).

> > > If there are simultaneous request to XML files served by Cocoon (and
> > > processed with XSLT) I get various error messages (I can send
> > > stacktrace if somebody's interested in). I already heard that Xalan is
> > > not 'thread safe'. I'm working on a _life_sample_ of cocoon/prowler
> > > and there we have lots of those concurrent requests (e.g. html pages
> > > with frames in it).
> >
> > i am interested in the stack trace. post it and we'll have a look see.
> >
> > - donald
> Up to now I got three different exceptions. I couldn't find out which
> circumstances cause which one to arise.
> Thanks for your interest. Here are the stack traces:
> (I didn't really count them, but it seems as the first one occurs most often.)

It looks rather like your XSLT stylesheet is invalid, though it's
certainly possible that it's a threading issue with Xalan as well. Can you
send a copy of your stylesheet? Also, try synchronizing the trasnform
method in org.apache.cocoon.transformer.XalanTransformer - not a long term
solution, by any stretch of the imagination, but if it makes the problem
go away then it's a fairly clear indicator that Xalan is the problem.

Also, you might want to give XTTransformer a whirl, just to compare XSLT
engines. That's why we support 'em both.

- donald