cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject changes made to XIncludeProcessor
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2000 04:19:55 GMT
Hey guys. I just brought the XIncludeProcessor into line with the latest
version of the XInclude working draft (2000-07-17 -
http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude). The basic change is moving from an
element-based include mechanism:

<xinclude:include href="foo.xml" parse="xml"/>

to an attribute-based include mechanism:

<whatever xinclude:href="foo.xml" xinclude:parse="xml"/>

yeah, i know, pain in the ass, but that's what you get for playing on the
bleeding edge of the standards committee. trust me, this is ever so much
less painful than transitioning between versions of the XSLT working
draft. anyway, if howls of protest erupt, i'll make the older version
available under a different name, but the change is coming, regardless.

- donald