cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Repost...please help !
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2000 05:33:48 GMT
On Sat, 8 Jul 2000, Laurent Eskenazi wrote:

> I posted this a while ago but I had no answers....I still have the problem
> and it's really annoying so I reposted my request.
>
> The problem is that on my test server, I randomly get an error on my pages:
>
> in www/log/error_log :
>
> XSL Error: Could not parse
> /opt/apache-1.3.11/htdocs/btest/xsl/html/netscape/all-netscape.xsl document!
> XSL Error: SAX Exception

org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLProcessorException: -1
 at org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.error(Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.processStylesheet(Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.process(Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.cocoon.transformer.XalanTransformer.transform(Compiled
Code)
 at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xslt.XSLTProcessor.process(Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.service(Compiled Code)
 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(Compiled Code)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

I've just recently started to get a couple of these from time to time
myself. I have never gotten them from the xt processor, so you may want to
try that for a production web site. Xalan guys, this is what we've got
going on inside the xalan transformer:

    public Document transform(Document in, String inBase, Document sheet,
        String sheetBase, Document out, Dictionary params)
    throws Exception {
        XSLTProcessor processor = XSLTProcessorFactory.getProcessor(new
XMLParser(parser));

        Enumeration enum = params.keys();
        while (enum.hasMoreElements()) {
            String name = (String) enum.nextElement();
            String value = (String)params.get(name);
processor.setStylesheetParam(name,processor.createXString(value));
        }

        XSLTInputSource i = new XSLTInputSource(in);
        // inBase not used for now (external entities are already included
at parse time)
        XSLTInputSource s = new XSLTInputSource(sheet);
        s.setSystemId(sheetBase);
        XSLTResultTarget o = new XSLTResultTarget(out);
        processor.process(i, s, o);
        return out;
    }

any idea what might be going wrong? it doesn't seem to have anything to do
with the load, it's apparantly random...

- donald