cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Sugestions and doubs
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2000 18:47:08 GMT

use the sql logicsheet - http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/sqltaglib.html

> 1- Do you have to declare always the params which are going to be use
> inside the XSL template? e.g. <xsl:param name="myparam"/>
>
> Without this it does not work for me.

yes, you do.

> 2- How can I format the results in the XSL, for example a date?

if you're formatting results from a sql query, you can use the
SimpleDateFormat class from the JDK - see the sql logicsheet docs for an
example. or you can use call a xalan extension function directly in your
stylesheet.

> 3- Can I define my own functions to be use in the XSL?
> The general idea is that i want to add my own functions to the XSL.

yes - see the extension function documentation on the xalan site.

> 4- There are some kind of connection pool?
> I have some sugestions about connection pooling and the queries.

a connection pool has been added to the latest cvs for the sql
logicsheet. The pools are declared in the cocoon.properties file.

- donald