cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject Re: Repost...please help !
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2000 11:44:20 GMT

> any idea what might be going wrong? it doesn't seem to have anything to
do
> with the load, it's apparantly random...

Not really.  We should be doing pretty normal URL processing, mainly
passing the URL on to Xerces.  If anyone gets any clues to this, please
pass it on...

-scott

                    Donald Ball

                    <balld@websli        To:     Cocoon dev <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>

                    ngerZ.com>           cc:     xalan-dev@xml.apache.org, (bcc: Scott
Boag/CAM/Lotus)
                                         Subject:     Re: Repost...please help !

                    07/11/2000

                    01:33 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    cocoon-dev

On Sat, 8 Jul 2000, Laurent Eskenazi wrote:

> I posted this a while ago but I had no answers....I still have the
problem
> and it's really annoying so I reposted my request.
>
> The problem is that on my test server, I randomly get an error on my
pages:

> in www/log/error_log :
>
> XSL Error: Could not parse
> /opt/apache-1.3.11/htdocs/btest/xsl/html/netscape/all-netscape.xsl
document!
> XSL Error: SAX Exception

org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLProcessorException: -1
 at org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.error(Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.processStylesheet(Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.process(Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.cocoon.transformer.XalanTransformer.transform(Compiled
Code)
 at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xslt.XSLTProcessor.process(Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.service(Compiled Code)
 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(Compiled Code)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

I've just recently started to get a couple of these from time to time
myself. I have never gotten them from the xt processor, so you may want to
try that for a production web site. Xalan guys, this is what we've got
going on inside the xalan transformer:
    public Document transform(Document in, String inBase, Document sheet,
        String sheetBase, Document out, Dictionary params)
    throws Exception {
        XSLTProcessor processor = XSLTProcessorFactory.getProcessor(new
XMLParser(parser));

        Enumeration enum = params.keys();
        while (enum.hasMoreElements()) {
            String name = (String) enum.nextElement();
            String value = (String)params.get(name);
processor.setStylesheetParam(name,processor.createXString(value));
        }

        XSLTInputSource i = new XSLTInputSource(in);
        // inBase not used for now (external entities are already included
at parse time)
        XSLTInputSource s = new XSLTInputSource(sheet);
        s.setSystemId(sheetBase);
        XSLTResultTarget o = new XSLTResultTarget(out);
        processor.process(i, s, o);
        return out;
    }

any idea what might be going wrong? it doesn't seem to have anything to do
with the load, it's apparantly random...

- donald