cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject RE: C2: Suggestion: update Xalan to 1.1 in C2 release?
Date Sat, 15 Jul 2000 17:50:37 GMT

> as long as 2.0 is functional enough to work

I suspect there will be some rocky areas... even at the level of the TrAX
API, there are some methods that still need implementing.  But I strongly
feel you should go down the 2.0 road... the sooner you guys are able to
give input, the sooner the software will become better.  If there's
anything you need fixed, I promise we will respond very quickly.

-scott

                    "Timm, Sean"

                    <STimm@mailgo        To:     "'cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org'" <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>

                    .com>                cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                                         Subject:     RE: C2: Suggestion: update Xalan to
1.1 in C2 release?
                    07/14/2000

                    05:53 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    cocoon-dev

Xalan 2.0 is already available for our perusal in pre-alpha form.  I was
under the impression that we were going to work with that since Cocoon 2 is
still under development.  I don't see any reason why we should use 1.1
instead of 2.0 (as long as 2.0 is functional enough to work).  I think I
even recall recently seeing a message from Stefano indicating that he was
working on this...

- Sean T.