cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: Cocoon Configuration Thoughts
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2000 12:27:37 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:
> How about having your servlet engine restart Cocoon?
Sure, this should work.

> Anyways, what would
> be the purpose of a dynamically reconfigured Cocoon?  It is a
> "cool" feature,
> but once a site has been built and configured, it really shouldn't change.
> What about having multiple instances in different Contexts?  One for each
> version of Cocoon you need.
We have customers were the site MUST run 52x7x24. As the site is always
extended and enhenced, there is the need for updating the configuration
without stopping the site, even if this would be a short period.
On the other hand we are planning to configure more than currently the
cocoon.properties covers, e.g. some configuration for processors etc. And
this information could change more often.

...this mail was scanned for viruses by mailserver...