cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: HELP: Where Is my session?
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2000 13:52:18 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> --- Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@sundn.de> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > how can I get the Session object in an Transformer using Cocoon2?
>
> Do you mean in C2 from the CVS or from C2 which is in development?
>
> Former has no solution to this, later isn't realized.
>
> Giacomo

I meant both :.).

Are there any plans or concepts?

I posted a proposel for a simple session handling for C2 several days ago, but didn't get
any reply.
Here is my old proposal:

- Creating a new Session interface which has nearly the methods as a HttpSession
- Implementing this interface in CocoonServletSession
- Extending the Request interface with a getSession(boolean create) method (similar to HttpServletRequest)
- Implementing this in the CocoonServletRequest

If you need a volunteer for implementing this: here I am!

Carsten
s&n AG               Tel.    : +49 (5251) 1581-49
netBank solutions    Fax     : +49 (5251) 1581-71
Klingenderstr. 5     Internet: http://www.SundN.de
D-33100 Paderborn    <mailto:CZiegeler@SundN.de>