cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Willie Wheeler" <wwhee...@andrew.cmu.edu>
Subject RE: pb with avalon
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2000 14:55:01 GMT
Hi Vincent,

	I just had the same problem a couple of days ago.  You have to clean out
your repository directory (the one that contains the compiled generators).
The package name changed from org.apache.cocoon.generators to
org.apache.cocoon.generation, so if you don't clean out the repository, then
the generators sitting there will still have references to the old classes.
	At least that is my best guess as to what the problem is!  :-)

	Willie

-----Original Message-----
From: kinou@Alternative-Advice.com [mailto:kinou@Alternative-Advice.com]
Sent: Friday, July 21, 2000 5:19 AM
To: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: pb with avalon

    hi!

i've just done a cvs update and compiled it.
now i've got this error, and don't even know what avalon is ..
can someone help me ?
thanks a lot !
Vincent

Cocoon 2.0: Not initialized

Try to Reload

Class: org.apache.avalon.ConfigurationException
Message: Cannot load class org.apache.cocoon.generators.FileGenerator @
null

org.apache.avalon.ConfigurationException: Cannot load class
org.apache.cocoon.generators.FileGenerator @ null
        at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.getClass(Cocoon.java:228)
        at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.setConfiguration(Cocoon.java:155)
        at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.(Cocoon.java:91)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.create(CocoonServlet.java:231)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:62)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.initServlet(ServletWrapper.java:315)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:445)
        at
        at
onnectionHandler.java:160)
        at
)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:475)