cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Cookie TagLib?
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 18:41:06 GMT
Kevin Sonney <kevin@webslingerz.com> wrote:
>On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Mark Washeim wrote:
> > I'd suggest using nested <xsp:attribute> tags:
> >
> > <cookie:create name="User">
> >     <xsp:attribute name="value">
> >         <request:get-remote-user/>
> >     </xsp:attribute>
> > </cookie:create>
>
>Causes a compile error - without the value= attribute, the xsp generator
>adds a call to :
>
>String.valueOf()
>
>to the generated java file. Hmm. Maybe a bug in the taglib?

No, not a bug exactly. It's never possible to add attributes to taglib tags
with xsp:attribute, because the core XSP stylesheet is always applied last
(I forgot to mention this recently when I said that namespace-mapped
logicsheets are applied in the order specified by the order of the
namespaces in the xsp:page element).

But if the core wasn't applied last, XSP simply wouldn't work at all. The
core stylesheet doesn't output XML, it outputs Java - which isn't
well-formed XML.

--
Robin Green
i-tao Ltd.