cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart Roebuck ...@adolos.com>
Subject re: C2 Ant Classpaths assume xalan, xerces, avalon, etc.
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2000 10:05:59 GMT
Spoke to soon again!

In my haste I bypassed the build script and launched straight into Ant.
It's a little bit of a shame that the build process has to be split
between Ant and the build script, but it does work.

Maybe wildcards in the classpath definition would be a nice extra feature
for Ant, if (indeed) the facility is not already lurking there amongst all
the other nice features!

Regards,

Stuart.

> From: Stuart Roebuck <sr@adolos.com>
> Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 10:45:13 +0100
> To: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org
> Subject: C2 Ant Classpaths assume xalan, xerces, avalon, etc.
>
> The current "build.xml" file for building Cocoon2 seems to assume that
AvalonAware,
> jakarta-regexp, xalan, xerces & servlet are all in the default classpath.
>
> Is it worth adding some properties for their locations in the release eg.:
>
>     <property name="lib.avalon"  value="lib/AvalonAware.jar"/>
>     <property name="lib.regexp"  value="lib/jakarta-regexp-1.1.jar"/>
>     <property name="lib.servlet" value="lib/servlet_2_2.jar"/>
>     <property name="lib.xalan"   value="lib/xalan_1_0_1.jar"/>
>     <property name="lib.xerces"  value="lib/xerces_1_1_2.jar"/>
>
> And then explicitly referencing them in the parts of the build that
require them.

> eg.
>
> In "compile target":
>
>     <javac...
>       <classpath
path="${lib.avalon}:${lib.servlet}:${lib.xalan}:${lib.xerces}:$
> {lib.regexp}" />
>     </javac>
>
> In "docs target":
>
>     <java fork="yes"

classpath="${java.class.path}:${doc.generator.package}:${lib.xerces}"
   ... />