cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart Roebuck>
Subject C2 Ant Classpaths assume xalan, xerces, avalon, etc.
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2000 09:45:13 GMT
The current "build.xml" file for building Cocoon2 seems to assume that
AvalonAware, jakarta-regexp, xalan, xerces & servlet are all in the default

Is it worth adding some properties for their locations in the release eg.:

    <property name="lib.avalon"  value="lib/AvalonAware.jar"/>
    <property name="lib.regexp"  value="lib/jakarta-regexp-1.1.jar"/>
    <property name="lib.servlet" value="lib/servlet_2_2.jar"/>
    <property name="lib.xalan"   value="lib/xalan_1_0_1.jar"/>
    <property name="lib.xerces"  value="lib/xerces_1_1_2.jar"/>

And then explicitly referencing them in the parts of the build that require them.

In "compile target":

      <classpath path="${lib.avalon}:${lib.servlet}:${lib.xalan}:${lib.xerces}:$
{lib.regexp}" />

In "docs target":

    <java fork="yes"
          ... />

I'm not clear on what current wisdom advocates re: classpath
referencing... My view is that projects should explicitly include
classpaths because otherwise you build big dependencies into the overall
environmental CLASSPATH and possible clashes where different projects
require different versions of particular libraries.

View raw message