cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart Roebuck ...@adolos.com>
Subject CoocoonServlet.java, getServletPath() and TomCat
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2000 12:53:20 GMT
Final followup to my previous postings...

Yesterday's update to CocoonServlet.java appears to break things under
TomCat 3.1.

Given a URL of:
	http://www.site.com/path/to/context/subdir/page.html?query
I think the code
	uri = getServletPath()
which used to be:
	uri = getPathInfo()
is intended to return:
	/subdir/page.html

Under TomCat 3.1, getPathInfo() works, but getServletPath() returns an
empty string.

In my mind the Servlet 2.2 spec. would imply that getPathInfo() was the
correct method to use.  Therefore, why not either:

1.  Use context.getServerInfo() to check for specific cases like "Gefian
LWS and Orion" and return getServletPath() for them only.

2.  Check to see whether
		uri =
req.getRequestURI().substring(req.getContextPath().length());
	is a possible alternative (it works under Tomcat 3.1, but I don't know
	about the rest).

Hope this is helpful,

Stuart.