cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From 310026124542-0...@t-online.de (Mark Washeim)
Subject Re: FP is great!!!
Date Sat, 22 Jul 2000 15:29:14 GMT
on 22/7/00 3:55 pm, Jeremy Quinn at jeremy@media.demon.co.uk wrote:

> At 22:16 +0200 21/07/00, Mark Washeim wrote:
>> The two concerns I've had are:
>> 1. parsimony and the number of documents that need to be maintained to
>> maintain documents . . .
>
> Do you mean that you need one XML/XSP file to handle each "task" on each
> "fragment type"?
>
> I was thinking originally of allowing the combination of multiple "tasks"
> within each XML/XSP file, eg. allow "edit", "add", "remove", "move" etc.
> within one file, but the complications put me off at first.
>
> Since I always thought of FP as a hack, a short-term solution for C1 while
> this issue was sorted out properly for C2 (maybe with FP playing the role
> of catalyst), I don't see this as a big problem (IMHO).

It's a problem for me while I have dozen's of documents in one context alone
to set up editing for. I'm half-done an example tag-lib which will require:
1. a form template (including validation items per input)
2. a set of source files to edit.
3. The tag-lib containing page (s).

I'm just about done. It's much more of a hack than fp and only for purposes
of discussion . . .

>> 2. validation of types (not necessarily schema, though, perhaps that's
>> Jeremy's intention?)
>
> I want to try Schema validation when I can get RevalidatingDOMParser
> working (see previous message "Xerces 1.1.2 build broken").
>
> One issue I am worried about is how you get meaningful error reports from
> Xerces when validation fails for some data constraint reason.
>
> If I cannot get Schema validation working satisfactorily, I have a fallback
> I worked out before I realised how "potentially" easy it would be to use
> Schemas.
>
>> I've been writing a scaled back version all day, so, hopefully, I'll have
>> something to add to the discussion.
>
> Good
>
>> Otherwise, I'll just have to shut up and help Jeremy :)
>
> Even better :)

I suspect any way you slice it, I'll end up contributing to fp, if I'm able.
I think you've put in more time than I could have and your code is clean :)

--
Mark (Poetaster) Washeim

that await translation.

Quem colorem habet sapientia?'