cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From 310026124542-0...@t-online.de (Mark Washeim)
Subject Re: FP is great!!!
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2000 20:16:43 GMT
on 21/7/00 10:08 pm, Stefano Mazzocchi at stefano@apache.org wrote:

> I finally had the time to look into Jeremy's FP stuff and, man, it's
> great! I love it.
>
> Maybe not the final answer to the problem (we have a way to go on XML
> web apps), but for sure something that Cocoon cannot affort not to have
> included into the main distribution.
>
> So, this requires two actions:
>
> 1) include FP inside Cocoon (which I already did :-) Jeremy, hope you
> don't mind, but it's so great I couldn't wait an answer from you
>
> 2) propose Jeremy for commit access since I would like him to continue
> maintaining that taglib.
>
> What do you say?
>
> Oh, Jeremy, BTW, it would be -very- nice if you could provide a little
> FP-howto using the Cocoon Document DTD.... otherwise you'll have to
> answer a million answers from potential FP users, I think it's in your
> own interest to avoid that ;-)

I think both you and Jeremy already know I'm +1 on this...

The two concerns I've had are:
1. parsimony and the number of documents that need to be maintained to
maintain documents . . .
2. validation of types (not necessarily schema, though, perhaps that's
Jeremy's intention?)

I've been writing a scaled back version all day, so, hopefully, I'll have
something to add to the discussion.

Otherwise, I'll just have to shut up and help Jeremy :)

Our applet (schema based) is up, but I encountered access errors for the
playground we set (for people to have a look) so I'll forward asap...

--
Mark (Poetaster) Washeim

that await translation.

Quem colorem habet sapientia?'