cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Washeim <esa...@canuck.com>
Subject Re: load related problem
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2000 20:28:48 GMT
on 10/7/00 6:52 pm, Mark Washeim at esalon@canuck.com wrote:

> on 10/7/00 5:31 am, Donald Ball at balld@webslingerZ.com wrote:

>>> Interesting thorughput :o)

>>> One might wonder if some OutOfMemoryError has been caught and ignored...
>>
>> one might also check and see if the library method being invoked by
>> xsp:expr is the cause of the null pointer by simply forking 40-50 threads
>> and repeatedly call it from them. my gut says that xsp is the problem, but
>> it'd be good to eliminate the external possibilities first. other likely
>> candidate is the jvm.
>>
>> - donald

For those of you who are macintosh fans, you'll be pleased with this:

I can't reproduce the outOfMemory error related problems I get when testing
on Solaris (an Enterprise 250 machine with 2 processors and 1 GB of RAM) . .
. It's amazing.

The mac I tested on is a G4 with 256 mb of ram. Tomcat 3.1 used as the
servlet engine (and webserver).

Even running 30 or 40 concurrent threads, XSPUtil.cloneNode kept on
churning.

It's so wierd that a deficient virtual memory scheme like the mac's could
deal with this.

--
Mark (Poetaster) Washeim

that await translation.