cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Washeim <esa...@canuck.com>
Subject Re: [C2] Package names
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2000 13:32:52 GMT
on 4/7/00 1:49 pm, Stefano Mazzocchi at stefano@apache.org wrote:

> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>>
>> --- Niclas Hedhman <niclas@localbar.com> wrote:

>>> Personally I use another 'pattern'.
>>>
>>> org.apache.cocoon.transformation
>>> org.apache.cocoon.generation
>>> :
>>> :
>>>
>>> Since it will normally not only contain the "transformers", but also
>>> support classes, exceptions and so on.
>>>
>>> Problem a bit with match and choose...
>>
>> org.apache.cocoon.matching
>> org.apache.cocoon.choosing
>>
>> I do like this argumentation for naming, too.
>
> I do too.
>
> I don't like
>
> org.apache.cocoon.transformer.Transformer
>
> it makes sense to have
>
> org.apache.cocoon.[action].[actor]

This isn't correct, is it? it's package (containter) class, not abstraction
of type one and abstraction of type two????

After all, the actions in question could well use actors from quite
different packages, no?

> type of naming convention.
>
> +1

Well, I disagree, on principal. Objects are not actions, in any case. They
encapsulate identity. Hence, are best named as nouns. I'm being a bit anal
about packages and objects, I know, and it makes little difference in
reality, but

Of course, transformation.ExplicitTransformation is fine (better than
transformer), but matching and choosing. Yech.

org.apache.cocoon.match.MatchThis
org.apache.cocoon.choose.ChooseThis

and shouldn't it be:
org.apache.cocoon.map.match.MatchThis