cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Pedro E. Gómez" <pgo...@pragma.com.co>
Subject Re:Re: Sugestions and doubs
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2000 16:36:03 GMT
(I am a roky with cocoon, 1 week)

I am working with Cocoon 1.7.4, can you give me some examples of subqueries in cocoon 2 (What
you did) that I am going to try to do that for Cocoon 1 (I relly want to help).

There exists some patche  for installing the connection pool funtionality on it or it is for
a future release?

The only way to use a form parameter in a query (or in a XML for xsp processing) is with:
<xsp:expr>request.getParameter("coddoc")</xsp:expr>?

I am going to try with  xinclude and util:include-uri for the queries definitions.

----- Original message -----
From:Donald Ball <balld@webslingerZ.com>
To: Pedro E. Gómez <pgomez@pragma.com.co>
Cc:Cocoon <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent:07/07/2000 19:42
Received:07/07/2000 19:39
Subject:Re: Sugestions and doubs

On Fri, 7 Jul 2000, [ISO-8859-1] Pedro E. Gómez wrote:

> Yes, I am using the SQLTaglib.
>
> The pool idea is cool (It is for cocoon 1.x or just for 2), what do
> you thing about the subqueries (This is very usefull) and about having
> the queries defs in other place. (See the original message)

the pool is for cocoon1. subqueries are not supported in cocoon1, though i
welcome patches to add them. i wrote support for them in cocoon2's
sqlfilter because i found it much easier to do in SAX than in DOM. as for
having query defs in other places - pools are declared in
cocoon.properties, as i said. if you want to centralize other information,
i'd suggest using xinclude or util:include-uri.

- donald

Message sent with Misiva.
Visit us at http://www.pragma.com.co/misiva