cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Timm, Sean" <ST...@mailgo.com>
Subject RE: [report] Cocoon Hackaton #1
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2000 15:36:10 GMT
Ah...cool.  This still wouldn't allow me to output a temporary progress bar
(without embedding this into the XSL stylesheet), but if streaming works
this well, I don't think I'll need to show a progress bar...:)

- Sean T.

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott_Boag@lotus.com [mailto:Scott_Boag@lotus.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2000 9:08 AM
To: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: [report] Cocoon Hackaton #1

> This is true, but the XSL transformer seriously delays this stream,
right?

Only if the stylesheet does something like sorting.  In Xalan 2.0 with SAX
streams, it should do a pretty good job at transforming while input is
still occuring  (a lot of work has gone into this).  For instance, if you
pipe five transforms together, with a parse at the beginning, the end
transform can be producing characters to the result stream when the parse
has only just begun.

-scott