cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: Matching dots - how?
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2000 00:49:25 GMT

Giacomo Pati wrote:

> I've commited a patch that will enable the use of patterns for the
> uri-regexp matcher to be like proposed above.

Thanks!  I was going to respond that I had tried two, three, and four
consecutive slashes without success, but you fixed it before I could!
Thanks!!!

I love the power of regexp, but don't much care for its usability.  And
with the quirks of having to deal with the mapping onto Java, it gets even
harder to use.

I'd like to suggest that the sitemap be modified to support the choice of
EITHER a traditional pattern or a regexp.  The way that pattern would be
implemented would be to call a function which adds a "^" before the pattern
and a "$" after, as well as maps

This is just a partial list - most of the special characters in a regular
expression would need to be escaped.  One exception - we should continue to
allow the use of parenthesis.

What do you think?

- Sam Ruby